2018 Minnesota PGA College Golf Seminar
Registration is now available for the 2018 Minnesota PGA College Golf Seminar held at Southview Country Club in West St. Paul on Sunday, January 28.
This seminar is a must for junior golfers who wish to play college golf. The nature of the recruiting process in college golf is different than most other sports. The athlete and parents must take a much more proactive role and typically need to initiate the process. We recommend that juniors, ages 13 and older, attend the seminar and not wait until their senior year of high school. Parents, please accompany your child to the seminar.
The following topics will be covered:
- Presentation and panel discussion from Men’s and Women’s college coaches at the D1, D2, and D3 level
- How the recruiting process works
- Expectations of athletes at each college level
- What the athlete can expect at each college level
- NCAA Eligibility Center
- How to put together a college golf resume
- Tournaments to play in if you want to play college golf
- Contacting coaches
- John Cleary – University of Minnesota (Division I) – Women’s Associate Head Coach
- Mike Dunphy (skype) – Player Development Manager at Cleveland Golf Company Inc & former Head Coach at University of Alabama – Birmingham
- Matt Johnson – North Dakota State University (Division I) – Women’s Coach
- Eric Rolland – Augsburg College (Division III) – Men’s and Women’s Coach
- Danny Sinksen – Augustana Univeristy (Division II) – Men’s Coach
- Mary Sweeney – St. Catherine University (Division III) – Women’s Coach
The registration fee for each junior golfer will be $40. Any additional guest will have a fee of $20. Included in the registration fee will be the seminar, refreshments and a one-year online subscription to the PING College Golf Guide, a $79.95 value.